Competitive athletics demand a unique set of skills and physical qualities. BOLT Athletics provides a unique training regimen designed to elicit greater competency in sports specific skill sets.
Basketball Strength and Conditioning
The goal of Bolt Athletics training is improved performance on the field of play. We utilize the demands of a particular sport to determine our training emphasis. Strength, speed, power, agility and conditioning are all highly coveted attributes in the pursuit of athletic prowess. However, we do not desire strength for the sake of strength (unless you are a powerlifter); our goal is applicable strength, speed and power resulting in advanced on-field/court performance. Additionally, Bolt Athletics utilizes elements of the CrossFit methodology to promote relevant strength and conditioning congruent to the known time and modal domains of sport. Simply put, Bolt Athletics is an intense, virtuous training program for the specialist.
- Who? - Matt McCraney
- Schedule [link]
- Power - First step burst, explosive leaping
- Strength – Create positioning, rebounding, get the loose ball
- Core/Mid-line Stability – basketball movements are core to extremity, floppy noodles transmit force poorly
- Conditioning – mimic game demands, mental toughness, competition, be strong/explosive in the 4th
- Multi-directional Quicks – quick feet, beat defenders, maintain defensive position, accelerate/decelerate
- Bio-mechanics – move efficiently, drop the hips to defend
- Flexibility – move efficiently, reduce injury, don’t drive a Ferrari with the parking brake on!